Friday, January 8, 2010

Binkies

Question: How many of you mom's out there seriously wash your child's binkie each time it falls on the floor? I can understand washing it when it falls in the dirt, or near the toilet but if your child is just going to crawl around on the floor and suck on her hands anyway then why are we washing the binkie that fell on the floor? I don't know if maybe i should be getting a bad mom award on this one or not but I don't wash the binkie every time it falls on the floor. If I did, I would be doing nothing but going back and forth to the sink. I didn't do it with my older daughter either. I mean the girl ate dirt; washing her binkie when it fell on the sidewalk by our steps was going to do nothing to help keep her sanitary. One time her binkie fell out of her mouth at church on the carpet and the lady near by insisted that she go and rinse it off. THE CARPET AT CHURCH PEOPLE!!!! And I might add my daughter has been sick (to any degree of seriousness once or twice in 20 months). So am I nuts or what? I don't think I need to wash the binkie each time.

3 comments:

  1. With my first child I was a germ freak! I washed everything...constantly, but she didn't like the binky so it wasn't really a problem. Enter in my 2nd child who is completely addicted to her binkey and cannot live without it. I have found myself slowly letting go of some of the germ freakiness (especially now since I have child #3) I've even been known to pick up child #2's binky off the floor at walmart (which she threw down in a fit of rage) put it in my mouth to "help get rid of the germs" then put it in her mouth. DISGUSTING I KNOW, but when your at walmart by your self with 3 kids, 2 of which are under the age of 2 you do what you have to do to keep your sanity intact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure as heck don't wash it each time it falls out of the mouth. Like you, I would be doing it all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Anything that you would like to say?