Friday, January 8, 2010

Recipe Help for Moms

If you are like me you probably have days where you hate the thought of having to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner. It may not be that you don't like cooking, just the thought of coming up with something and then having to make it that particular day, or week, seems like a burden. Well I have those days and weeks. Menu planning doesn't help me either. But this website has. www.campbellkitchen.com I have seen the commercials, seen it advertised on the cans of soup but just hadn't ever checked it out. Then on one of those "desperate for an idea" days I went there and I was like, "why has it taken me so long?" That is how it is with everything it seems like in my life. I am so stubborn. I always seem to be the last one on board with things, especially if my mom recommends it. If she had told me to go there, it would be at least 6 more months before I would check it out. Sorry mom, stubborn as a mule I am. Anyway the discovery has been made and it has been wonderful. There are tons of recipes. They are easy, with few ingredients and steps (at least the ones I have looked at). And unlike other company recipe websites (Kraft in particular) the recipes actually involve some cooking not just opening up cans of things and warming prepackaged foods (how many recipes do we need with hot dogs and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese anyway Kraft foods? Thank you very much.... I digress) So here is a list of what we have tried that we like (sorry I am not linking each recipe-I have a 20 month old on my lap-enough said).
Baked Pork Chops and Gravy (okay so this one does involve lots of prepackage but you can substitute)
Cheeseburger Pasta
Italiano Chicken and Rice
Quick and Easy Nachos Supreme
We have not yet tried Mini Beef Loaves and Cheesy Chicken Enchilladas Verde
So if you are looking for something new and need some help and you are like me, the last person on earth to check these things out, I highly recommend this website.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome...I'm so there starting tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

Anything that you would like to say?